If you are an enthusiastic gamer, you already know the relevance of buying a good gaming monitor. Your gaming monitor largely determines the viewing experience. You may have the best console and graphics card, but without a good screen to display the action, nothing else would make sense. The good news is gaming monitors come in all sizes and budgets. You can look for something like PrimeCables 4k gaming monitor for less than $500. In this post, we are discussing all you must know about selecting the right gaming monitor.
- Think of your hardware. Keep in mind that to get the best experience from a 4K gaming monitor, you need a good graphics card. It’s wise to think of your hardware, before you think of screens.
- Go for one of the 4K models. For gaming in particular, a Full-HD screen is an absolute must. However, many experienced gamers will tell you that 4K gaming monitors are worth the price. These have incredible color production, so the visuals are as good as you may imagine.
- Consider the refresh rate. This is one of the prime factors for selecting gaming monitors. The refresh rate determines the number of times the screen refreshes the image per second, and what you need is at least 60hz. Many gamers still prefer a refresh rate of 144hz, but for beginners, 60hz should suffice.
- Find the panel type you need. TN panels are not great in terms of color production, but are responsive and have decent refresh rate. You can also choose to go for an IPS panel, which is typically a better option. VA panels are great in terms of colors, but are expensive.
- The next thing that matters is the aspect ratio. While ultrawide is the new norm, this is more of a personal choice. You can check online to find more on what kind of aspect ratio will work perfectly for the games you intend to play. Typically, 16:9 display can be called decent.
Lastly, let’s talk of the screen size, which is as important. You don’t want to buy a huge gaming monitor that requires you to move your head, unlike a TV that goes by the simple rule – bigger, the better. For gaming monitors, 30-inch is the max you should be looking for, but experienced players often prefer a 24-inch or a 27-inch model. Check online now to find the best-rated gaming monitors and buy one that fits your budget and needs.